WALKING FROM THE AGE OF HEMUDU -- 3ND INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION OF
CHI ART WORKS COLLECTION, 2010
With the warm participation and strong support of Chi artists at home and broad, leaders, universities students and teachers, experts, scholars and entrepreneurs, Walking From the Age of Hemudu – the international Chi art exhibitions have been successfully held twice in 2005 and 2007 and three academic conferences in 2005, 2006 and 2007. It has promoted Chi art in the society and obtained excellent comments from media and experts of Chi art.
Previous Walking From the Age of Hemudu – the international Chi art exhibition and academic conference, presenting the developing outcomes of modern Chinese Chi art, is the platform for interacting, enhancing friendship and promoting Chi art cultural development. With the promotion of Chinese traditional Chi art culture as purpose, Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University, will hold Walking from the Age of Hemudu, the 3rd International Exhibition of Chi Art and Academy Conference co-sponsored by Fujian Art Museum and Fujian Art and Craft Society, which will be in Fujian Art Museum in late May, 2010. It aims to present the latest works of Chi art in recent years, promote modern Chi art development. We warmly welcome Chi art experts at home and abroad, universities students and teachers, experts and scholars to take participation and give supports.
1. With the concept of harmonious and scientific development of society, human and Nature.
2. To build a platform for international interaction and promotion of Chi art development.
3. To insist on using green, environment-friendly natural Chi as major creative media.
4. To study the development trends of Chi art material, craft, manifestations, protection science and restoration technique.
Walking From the Age of Hemudu – 3rd International Exhibition of Chi Art, 2010
III. Date and Place
Date: May 28 (Friday) – June 8 (Tuesday), 2010
Place: Fujian Art Museum, China
Academy of Fine Art, Tsinghua University
China Art and Craft Society
Fujian Art Museum
Fujian Art and Craft Society
Department of Art and Craft, Academy of Fine Art, Tsinghua University
Chi Art Committee of China Art and Craft Society
Department of Art, Minjiang College
Department of Exhibition, Fujian Art Museum
V. Organization of Exhibition
1. Consultant Committee
Feng Yuan, Feng Jianqin, Liu Dawei, Fan Di’an, Zhang Ding, Chang Shana, Ma Zhaonan, Zhang Fengchang, Wang Mingzhi, Chen Zhu, Wu Guanzhong, Wen Zhenxin, He Haoliang, Xue Shengjin, Tang Kemei, Cai Kezhen, Wang Laiwen, Kim Sung-soo, Onishi Chang-li and Masumura Ji-Ichiro.
2. Academy Committee
President: Qiao Shiguang
Vice-president: Zhou Jianshi, Wang Tianliang, Chen Wencan, Liang Yuan and Huang Shizhong
Mitamura Arisumi, Wen Qiangang, Pi Daojian, Kwon Sang-Oh ,Lv Pintian, Zhang Fuye, Hang Jian, Lin Yi, Kim Seol, Zheng Ronghuan and Hyoko Uratani
3. Organization Committee
President: Yang Zipeng, Zheng Shuyang and Li Dangqi
Vice-president: Zhao Zhishuo, Wu Xi, You Guanglin, Wang Jinzhan, Wu Xiahong and Guo Yintu
Ma Jiashu, Ma Gang, Wang Hu, Wang Jianzhong, Wang Dahu, Wang Weida, Tian Weiping, Jiang Li, Sun Jinrui, Li Gongqiang, Liu Xuan, Wu Keren, Wu Chuan, Wu Shanghua, Wang Dawei, He Jie, Zhou Yongping, Zhou Rongqing, Liu Chengzhi, Zhang Yan, Shang Gang, Qiu Shouzhi, Chen Shengmou, Chen Qiurong, Hong Xingyu, Xu Jiahui, Bo Deyuan, Zheng Likuo, Tang Mingxiu, Huang Baoqing, Huang Lishu, Cheng Xiangjun, Lai Zuoming and Ogura Norihiko.
Secretary-General: Zhou Jianshi
Deputy Secretary-General: Chen Qinqun, Wu Guofen and Qiu Jian
4. Curator：Zhou Jianshi, You Guanglin, Wang Tianliang, Liang Yuan, Zhao Bin,Zhong Sheng and Tian Hui
VI. Works Collection
1. Natural Chi is advocated. Lacquer, lacquer ware and lacquer painting should be used with Chi as media, its theme should be active with no strict style and pattern. The exhibition work should not be more than 2 meters of length, width and height. (Please contact the organizer for special work)
2. Works will be initially evaluated in the form of photographs, especially the detail photographs. No more than two works are allowed.
Please fill Work Registration Form of Walking From the Age of Hemudu, 3rd International Exhibition (see schdule 1) with author name, title, material, size (by mm), personal photo, occupation, unit, address, post code and telephone number. Please send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail CD to organization committee (CD will not be returned). The address is B149, Department of Art and Craft, Academy of Fine Art, Tsinghua University. Contact person: Yang Li. Tel: +86 10 62798759, or C308 Department of Art and Craft, Academy of Fine Art, Tsinghua University. Contact person: Zheng Shaowu and Wu Dayan. Tel: +86 10 62798827.
The format of photograph should be jpg or tif with 300 dpi. Three-dimensional works should be with light gray background. Selected work will be published after initial evaluation, please take care of photographs’ quality.
3. Evaluation Fee is RMB 100/person for domestic author, including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. USD 50 is for foreign author.
4. Deadline of work collection is April 10, 2010 (to the date of postmark). Initial evaluation will be finished in April 15 and authors will be notified in the early of May.
5. The exhibition fee is RMB 400/piece for members (incl. Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), RMB 500/piece for non-members and USD 100 for foreign authors. The fee will be used for work publication and be published for the opening of exhibition. (Work return fee should be paid separately)
6. Deadline for original work is May 25, 2010.
Please print work photograph on its external packing.
7. Address for original work: Fujian Art Museum, No. 96, Hutou street, Penglou Dist., Fuzhou City, Fujian Province, 215104, China.
Contact person: Ye Jinghai and Zhou Liqin (Tel: +86 591 83788491)
Exhibition consultation: Yang Li (Tel & Fax: +86 10 62798759)
Email of organization committee: email@example.com
VII. Number of Exhibition work: 150 pieces.
VIII. Work Selection and Evaluation
Selected work will be around 150 pieces, which will be evaluated to Gold, Silver, Bronze and Excellent Award. Award certificate will be issued by China Art and Craft Society and Chi Art Committee of China Art and Craft Society.
Note: The author, whose work was selected in the catalog of Walking from the Age of Hemudu of 2005 and 2007, has not received the catalog. Please contact organization committee.
Chi Art Committee of China Art and Craft Society
Organization Committee of Walking From the Age of Hemudu – 3rd International Exhibition Of Chi Art, 2010
Schdule 1:Work Registration Form